Just wanted to tell the world..I mean all the blog subscribers here at Sisters In Suburbia, how proud and thankful I am. Our little blog now has exactly 1,210 peeps that “Like”, follow or subscribe. I am beyond words. We have done so much with this in only 4 months! (Literally May will be month 5) Your continued support is astonishing. Life is crazy for everyone and through this blog, I am learning to not take life so damn seriously. It is therapy for me to share my stories with all of you, and I appreciate you reading them. If you haven’t done so yet, go “LIKE” or Facebook page, at Sisters In Suburbia, or subscribe to get our blog updates. You can also see our life through pictures…and there are some hilarious ones…at Sisinsuburbia on Instagram. I love the feedback from all of you, so keep the comments coming!!!! It makes me feel like I write to all my “Sisters”…..Living in suburbia 🙂 xoxo Tara (S.I.S.)
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time. I mean hasn’t everybody thought that at some point in their life?! Like Marty McFly in Back to the Future which just so happens to be one of my favorite movies! I know some people will say there are no mistakes in life, you shouldn’t have regrets as long as you learned something, wah, wah, wah (in your best Charlie Brown teacher voice) and maybe those people are right! Or maybe not! I can personally say there are definitely a few things I would do differently if I were in my 20s again. What sparked this post was an article I read on BuzzFeed a few weeks back entitled “37 Totally Perfect Bikini Bodies.” It showcased Instagram pics of beautiful women in all shapes and sizes strutting their stuff in gorgeous bikinis! Whether you love a bikini or hate it these women make bikinis look HOT! It basically kicks the idea that you have to have a perfect body to wear a bikini to the curb! These women are not only beautiful but exude confidence. It really got me thinking about throwing away my swim skirt, yes I broke down last year and bought one (shameful, I know) and proudly sporting my curvy body, ass and all, in a normal bikini bottom. A friend and I had a previous conversation in which, if we knew then what we know now, we would have both sported thong bikinis in our 20s because sadly your ass is just not the same in your 30s! This article has definitely given me a new lease on this summer’s bikini season. Check it out here and let us know what you think!
With that in mind here are the things I wold tell my 20 year old self:
- Stop studying so hard and have fun! It’s all in moderation and honestly unless you are going into a specific field no employer gives a shit what grade you got in Botany.
- Stop reciting the caloric intake and fat content of everything – especially to people who are in the process of eating said item!
- Stop taking life so seriously! There are many bumps in the road and while things seem so important at the time you will look back and realize they were not.
- TRAVEL! TRAVEL! TRAVEL! RIGHT NOW! ANYWHERE!
- Stop wishing your life away! Everything you always wished for will happen just not in the time frame you deem appropriate. How do you you even know what appropriate is?!
- Get your ass off that towel and walk to the water in just your bikini!! Stop wondering what everyone is thinking about that miniscule drop of cellulite because no one cares or sees it, only YOU!!
- CUT UP YOUR CREDIT CARDS!! If you can’t pay cash, you shouldn’t buy it because clearly you cannot afford it! You will still be paying back the clothes you needed and the trips to Vegas in your 30s!!
- Life is good!! You think this is bad! Wait it gets worse!! You think it’s hard going to College – wrong! Try getting up at 5:30 am everyday and going to work!
- Don’t stop doing the one thing you enjoyed the most in life! Keep doing things that make you happy regardless of your age!
- Don’t wear your contacts for 18 hours a day for 20 plus years or everything your eye doctor warned you about will really happen! Now instead of wearing contacts 90% of the time you will be forced to wear glasses 90% of the time because your eyes have basically told you to go screw yourself! Now if I could just get over my fear of LASIK!
What would you tell your 20 year old self? Please share your thoughts with us – we would love to hear!